Fly Fishing Traditions



Fly Fishing Traditions Blog and Website
"It's about Life & Fly Fishing"

Monday, August 25, 2014

Kingfisher Drift Boat Build - Modeling Transom

I'm cutting out the sides and bottom for the "Kingfisher" drift boat and I'm sort of wondering how do these parts come together to look like a drift boat? The bottom looks like a drift boat bottom, but the sides look like long rectangles.

I've also got to decide on whether to build the transom as a  (a) "Square Transom" like the plans I've got, or whether to experiment and build either a (b) "Rounded Transom" or a (c) "Beavertail Transom". The "Beavertail" is how my "Hyde" drift boat is built. I like it a lot.

I've built models of the "Rounded Transom" and the "Beavertail Transom". I've shot a video to take a closer look at it.



I think I like the "Rounded Transom". Now I just have to figure out how the heck to build it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any Questions or Comments? Let me know, Clay.