Fly Fishing Traditions



Fly Fishing Traditions Blog and Website
"It's about Life & Fly Fishing"

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Artwork of Eileen Klatt

"Steelhead Trout"



I spent this Thanksgiving in Markleeville, California, in a quaint little motel and restaurant with my family and friends. My brother, Joe, had rented the whole motel and restaurant and we took the place over and cooked our Thanksgiving dinner in the restaurant. It was a memorable Thanksgiving to say the least.



In the room we were staying in, there were a couple of remarkable framed lithographs by the artist Eileen Klatt. One piece was tiltled "Rainbow/Rainbow" and the other was titled "Three Brown Trout". I was drawn to them each time I entered the room.



"Spring Chinook Salmon"



The piece of artwork above is titled "Spring Chinook Salmon". The Artist, Eileen Klatt's fish prints are found around the world. In 2009 she completed, "A Litany of Salmon", 61 life-size paintings of spawning salmon couples dedicated to the extinct salmon of the Columbia River Basin. Eileen lives in Hope, Idaho on the shores of Lake Pend Oreille.


The Artist Eileen Klatt at Work




I purchased the print above called "Rainbow/Rainbow" and the one below called "Brown Trout". I can't wait for them to arrive so I can hang them on the walls of the "Fly Fishing Traditions World Headquarters".



The photos here really can't do justice to her work. You can see much more of her artwork, in much greater detail at http://www.klattfish.net/. These prints would make great Christmas presents for your favorite fly fisher that has everything he needs. Go to Eileen's site and check her work out. Tell her, Clay sent you.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any Questions or Comments? Let me know, Clay.